Dear John (United States, 2010)
The movie is about a soldier named John (Channing) exchanging letters with a college student named Savannah (Amanda) he met in his break. They started as an ideal couple that can overcome the distance to continue their relationship. Exchanging letters and telling each other anything. Until when a two-month drought of letter from Savannah came. John knows that something is wrong. He’s instinct was right when he read the last letter of Savannah…
The movie’s development able the audience see how the love story between the two characters progresses. Making them feel sympathetic about the turn of events. The characters will grow on you. Channing and Amanda are good actors. I don’t like them individually that much, but together they look good. For a non-reader, the movie was good and believable. Don’t expect this movie to give you good laughs here and there, because I guess the production want the viewers to bawl. It’s a heartwarming movie that will make you believe about the greatness of love and it’s power of finding ways.The twist is good. The suburban setting is also nice and makes you want to visit a province soon.
The movie will warm your hearts. If you are with a group of friends you might yawn, but when you share this movie with someone you love, you will appreciate each other better.
The Vow (United States, 2012)
The movie tackles a favorite dilemma among romantic movies-amnesia. Its about a young couple that after a car accident, the women had a short term amnesia, forgetting the last 5 years of her life including his husband. The latter do not gave up to his anonymity to her own wife and decided to fight for their love even though it requires him to face the past of his wife.
The movie shows how love can conquer all and how it can cross boundaries. Both lead actors namely Channing Tatum and Rachel Mcadams are both charming. Though they somehow lack chemistry they were still able to deliver. Channing’s character will make woman wonder if there is still a guy like him alive. Rachel’s appeal in doing this kind of role is still there. Though her characters in other movies can be compared to this one. I guess Rachel just did what the role requires her. The plot is based on true events. Usually when a movie is adapted from a book or from a true story, It is really great. But in this movie, it seems like another flick that we will be forgotten over time. I find the storyline weak. Though it definitely have a promise it doesn’t bloom to its full potential. Though there is a difference in how this kind of movie is usually told, It still can’t carry over the fact that there is something lacking in this film.
I guess production wants this movie to be mainstream and they accidentally overdo it which hurts the substantial part of the film. Though it rakes in the box office, this will be just one of the movies. Nothing special.
1. Gordon, Dick - He’s track record is enough for me to give him another seat in the senate. He’s success in Subic and DOT makes him really an action man. The law he passes like Automated Elections and higher salaries for teachers are really significant. He’s active membership also to Red Cross…
1. Gordon, Dick - He’s track record is enough for me to give him another seat in the senate. He’s success in Subic and DOT makes him really an action man. The law he passes like Automated Elections and higher salaries for teachers are really significant. He’s active membership also to Red Cross just cemented his compassion to help people who really are in need.
2. Hagedorn, Edward- another senatoriable who have a good track record. Just look how Puerto Prinsesa become one of the most awarded city in terms of environment and cleanliness. His realistic perspective regarding him being anti-mining because of it’s danger into our environment is also palpable.
3. Llasos, Marwil -under Ang Kapatiran party, this unknown individual candidate will wow you when you hear him talk. He can definitely give Chiz Escudero and Miriam Santiago a run for their money. He is strongly against pork barrel and strengthening the State Universities. A professor and lawyer. Through his industry and perseverance he was able to achieve his accolades deservingly such as being able to study abroad and work for government for quite sometime.
4. Villanueva, Eddie- I am voting for him because he is a lesser evil. I believe that him being a preacher and leader of a religious group will make him (hopefully) to make laws and use his pork barrel for the greater good because It is what the almighty would want him to do.
5. Zubiri, Miguel - Though he have a questionable past. I believe that him resigning as a senator which is a first in the history tells a lot to his character. I am actually voting for him because of his wide knowledge regarding agriculture. I believe that it is one of the issues in our country that should be a priority just like education and unemployment. He also an environmentalist and is favor of decentralization.
6. Belgica, Greco - If his platform of lowering the income tax of Filipino workers will be known to all. Belgica will surely win. I love the law that he wants to pass. His education vouchers is also a good alternative to address our education issues. It may be unrealistic to some but as he say, It only takes Ralph Recto to pass the E-vat, so he have a good chance to lower the tax if he will become a senator.
7. Hontiveros, Risa - Her strong stand to the laws she believes in like RH bill will make you admire her. A new name in the senate if ever and a charming speaker. She is for women empowerment and human rights. She have no stand in same sex marriage like everyone else says she is for it though she is for divorce bill as well. She is a better candidate compared to Nancy Binay. Wake up guys.
8. Trillanes, Sonny - He is one of the senatoriables that if you asked me 6 years ago, He will surely be on the top of my list. But after his colorful stint in the senate. It leaves me confuse (He’s fight against a senior Enrile and his trip to China without the knowing of the national government ). But after thorough thinking, I guess he deserves to be in the senate one more compared to his counterpart Gringo Honason, who I don’t know if he done anything significant for the country. He had his time. I guess this is Trillanes time to be the representative of the military. So he still got my vote. He better make it up this time.
9.Teddy Casino - He is definitely not a traditional politician. He is for the betterment of the State Universities and giving the masses what it really deserves. He’s not afraid of the multinational companies because he is favor of wage hike. Though he is living modestly he chose to run for senator as an independent candidate because of his strong stand against trapo. He is for the people.
10. Sonny Angara - Though I’m against with the same old surnames in the senate. I actually have high respect to his father who really made a significant contribution in the legislative aspect of our country. Sonny is unassuming and well-educated. He is for strong education and tourism to flourish jobs. He’s sex appeal as quoted by Miriam is an added bonus.
11.Falcone, Baldemoro -he is the lone representative of the Visayas region and one of the issues that I want our senators to tackle is how to make our country decentralize. I believe that with him in the senate, He will likely be the representative of the Bisaya. Most of the senators I chose above is either from manila or Luzon, so its also wise to give the other people in our geographic a representative in the senate. He also give an alternative in making our country flourish through his securitization project which aims to give the small entrepreneur to start a business.
12. Magsaysay, Jun- after thorough research I decided to vote Magsaysay, Jun. His contribution to the agriculture sector is good. It is one of the issues that I firmly believe that our politician should prioritize for we are first and foremost an agricultural country. He’s success also in the private sector also shows his efficiency and working attitude. Though he also comes from a dynasty, He comes from a clan that is well-loved by the masses.
The senators that I will not vote for:
1. Bam Aquino- I firmly believe that even though he will not win, He will still be given a position in the government courtesy of his lineage to Pres. Noynoy Aquino. No to one more Aquino.
2. Nancy Binay- I thank god for the tactfulness of Vice Ganda telling in an interview that she lacks experience and relies on his surname to be in the office. I hope voters will realize that she is not worth a senate seat.
3. Cynthia Villar- she’s part of a family dynasty in Las Pinas, a nearby city in the area, and I’m saddened to say that It’s not that progressive.
In the midst of summer heat and heavy traffic, a lot of formal-looking fresh graduates are still swarming the busy streets of Makati, Especially nowadays when the celebrations are over and the harsh reality of unemployment are starting to hit them. With an envelope in hand and a leap of faith, they walk-in to every building, institution, company possible. Some guards let them in, some guards don’t. Telling them that they can leave their resumes that only God knows where they will give it to. Praying against hope that it will be in the hands of the right person to give them a gig, not a textmate.
I know how hard and frustrating job hunting could be. Waking up every morning with no clear path ahead, It could bring you to insanity, and depression. Well, my friend with a lot of pressure in your shoulders I advice you to relax. Take a deep breath and clear your thoughts. Find it in yourself what you really want. Some people just don’t get the job because they don’t want it bad enough. Some want it much but in the wrong way, they simply want a job, not a career. I suggest all the fresh graduates to identify what they really want to do in life. When you have realized what job title you want. Good for you. I know some of graduates who leaves their career path to the hr. It will not only hurt your chances of hiring but it can hurt your future. I don’t want you to took on a job and be a machine who just do their work. No passion, No improvements. Be an employee who loves what their doing, not for the money but because what they are doing is actually helpful.
Clear your thoughts my friend and aim to what you want. Don’t be too harsh on yourself, Give this bumming time of yours as your vacation and time to hone your other skills because once your working you’ll crave that for sure. Take it easy and plan your career wisely.
Patrick Lencioni, Three signs of a miserable job
Lesson learned nung umattend ako ng interview.
Hindi kasi ako pamilyar sa lugar ng office na sadya ko. Ang advice lang sa’kin sakay lang ako ng MRT, baba ng quezon ave. then hanapin ko lang dun yung no.# _ (for confidentiality) sa panay ave. Akalain ko ba naman na parang 4 kilometers yung layo nung office galing Edsa! Nilakad ko pa man din sa pagaakalang malapit lang ito.
Pag ako kasi ay nageexplore ng isang lugar, mas gusto ko pa yung naglalakad kaysa sumakay ng tricycle, Kadalasan kasi ay mas mahal pa ang presyo ng mga ito kaysa sa bus o jeep. Kaya naman sipag, tiyaga at sandamukal na pawis ang nabuhos ko para makarating sa venue ng interview. Isipin mo nakaformal attire ka na naglalakad sa tirik na araw patungo sa kawalan. Nakakapanghina, literal at hindi.
Natunton ko naman ang lugar na may malaking patsya ng pawis sa likod at naghahabol na hininga. Pagkaupo ko sa waiting area, pagod at hina ng loob ang naging kapalit. Naisipan ko tuloy mag-back out na lang dahil mukhang matagal pa ang proseso nito.
Pero dahil na rin andun na ako at sa payo ng aking kapatid na katext. Itinuloy ko na. Apat na eksam ang aking ginawa. Pamilyar na ko dun dahil Master in Initial Exams ako. Ikaw ba naman ang mag-apply sa 30 mahigit na kumpanya kung hindi mo mamemorize yung mga initial exams na binibigay. Pagkatapos ng exam, interview naman ng hapon. Pinalakad ulit ako ng medyo mahaba patungo sa isa nilang building. Hindi ko na inalintana, dahil ito na ang last step sa isip ko. Laking gulat ko na lang ng ako’y pinabalik sa pinanggalingan ko upang kumuha ng eksam na hindi ko daw kinuha. WHUAT?!?! saad ko sa aking utak. Lakad galore na naman ang lola niyo. May isang eksam akong kinuha, binibilisan ko ng sumagot dahil gusto ko na matapos. Agad kong binigay sa hr ang aking papel. Kati-kating na kong umalis. Tinuro ako sa isang HR upang kausapin pa. Dun inorient na ko sa mangyayari, binigyan ako ng endorsement slip para sa training ngayon.
Pasado! Yes. first step pa lang. Kaya naman gamitin niyo ang mga pangyayari maganda man o hindi bilang motibasyon, hindi dahilan para sumuko.
Ako’y pinabili ng ina kong mahal.
Itlog na gagawin naming ulam
sa sikmura na kumakalam.
Hindi nakuntento’t bumili uli
Bananacue naman na ubod ng sarap
Kain ng kain hanggang mabundat
Tulog pa ng tulog, nawala sa ulirat,
nakatapak tuloy ng pusang gala
kalmot na dalawa aking napala
kaya masakit na injection iniinda
para ako ay hindi mauulol pa
karay-karay si ate sa klinika
para ang buhay ay humaba pa